Are you trying to find your way into the field of Private Investigations?
Are you seeking to change fields, but are not quite sure what you can do?
Are you terrific at the process of investigations, but somewhat weak in areas of business and marketing?
Do you know someone that may want to be a PI, but are not sure about taking the plunge?
Do you want to sharpen your foundational skills?
If you have answered 'Yes' to any of these options, please consider the Colorado Investigative Development Institute (CIDI). CIDI is PPIAC's premier Basic Private Investigator course. Taught over 3 consecutive Saturdays in May (May 11, 18, and 25th,) this PI School is designed to assist novices to understand the introductory skills of investigations. Seasoned PIs can also benefit from CIDI's introductory course, especially if they have spent the majority of their time focused on a single skill.
Seating is limited, so please sign up quickly.
Presenting over 18 hours of instruction, networking, resources,
and valuable tips for your career as a professional investigator.
Learn from some of Colorado's most reputable investigators!
Held at the Inverness Hilton Hotel (200 Inverness Drive W, Englewood, CO 80112)
(free parking, lunch provided, certificate, resources and handbook included)
May 11, 18, and 25th, 8:00am-5:00pm
Course cost: $595.00
PPIAC/PSACO Members: $450.00
Join PPIAC before April 15, 2019 and save $20.00 on your entrance fee and take advantage of networking benefits, list serve privileges, additional FREE training and much more!
(Cancellation fee: $100.00 Last day to cancel: April 5, 2019)
May be subject to background if not currently licensed as a Private Investigator. PPIAC holds the right of refusal.
Colorado Investigative Development Institute
Spring 2019 topics
- The Purpose of a PI – PPIAC President and Chairman
- The Law and the PI: What You Need to Know – Dean Beers
- Starting and Running a Successful PI Business – Gene Ferraro
- Online Public Records: A Strategic Approach to Search & Analysis– Marcy Phelps
- Process Serving 101: What you need to do to get started - Steve Glenn (President of PSACO)
- Surveillance – Ryan Johnston
- Conducting Interviews – Tan Smyth
- Subcontracting: Client or Colleague? / How to Vet Potential Clients- Andrea Orozco (President of PPIAC)
- Criminal Defense Investigations: Circumstances Matter – Jenn Brown
- Report Writing & Invoicing – Nat Smyth
- Ethics & Qualities of an Investigator – Robert Orozco
- The Internet Investigator’s Playground: Social Media Basics – Tan Smyth & Andrea Orozco
- On the Record: Depositions and Testifying in Court- Ellis Armistead
- The Process of Investigations – Gene Ferraro